.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: formerly Indianapolis, IN, Central Region, Ghana

INFP, prone to fits of outrageous behavior and supporter of same

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I'm still in Ghana, however, very sadly in Ghana. Last Friday, I got word that my beloved Grandma Brackman had died. With her funeral scheduled for last Saturday, there was no way for me to return for her service.

Those who know me well, do know that she was a guiding light for my life. She was self-possessed and caring--a tough balancing act. At 95 years old, she was blessed with a long lovely life and I'm grateful for all those years.

I'm very sad to be so far away without familiar hands to hold. I'm as ok as possible, just painfully aware of the vast distance between here and there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy/Cindy said...

Sweet Dix -- we send our love, light and support to you thru these electronic bytes to say how truly sorry we are at this loss.

May the tears you shed today, water your soul at this sadness.

We love you and read the blog faithfully, and AMB got your snail mail letter yesterday, and was so happy to get your words to her.

Hang in there -- Dino's Cupcakes
Amy/Cindy

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home