.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: formerly Indianapolis, IN, Central Region, Ghana

INFP, prone to fits of outrageous behavior and supporter of same

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Cheery greetings from Ghana!!

I recognize that I've done poorly lately as a correspondent, please forgive me. The aftermath of loss from a distant quarter without friends or family is more ghastly a trial than I would wish on anyone. Having said that, I hope to resume my chatty posts from the land of hot-hot soon.

I finally got around to those parcels at the Peace Corps ofc. Several to thank: Cuz Di, Mike and Rita, OT, Sarah and TT, and Dino--Wow!! I feel blessed...

Thanks too for all the comments, I do read those and for those of you new to blogging, you can add a comment at the end of my posts by clicking "comments" and following the instructions. Which reminds me, Lynsey if you're reading, please know that I'm never gonna forget about anyone there, esp. you!!!

Also, birthday wishes to you fabulous Jan. gals: Miki (I really missed luncheon), Sharon L., Sarah S., Vicki P., Shari S., and little sister Amy.


I miss you all...xoxo...d


ps. Healing thoughts to Jen and Carter

3 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Lawson said...

Dear Dixie,
Dino sent me your blog online and I'm hooked!! I am totally fascinated Dixie,by what you're doing and really look forward to all of your messages and pictures. What a journey!! I just wanted to say hello and to congratulate you on this wonderful opportunity. Being a fellow lioness, I understand the need to roam.......:)
Take care of yourself, and enjoy that wine Dino sent you!!
I can't wait to read your next entry.
Take care, and God speed!!
Amanda Lawson

8:55 AM  
Blogger Amy/Cindy said...

Sweet Dizzy.... We love your posts, check the blog every day to see if you've written more. Amy and I miss you soooo much. In fact, Amy says she wants to fly to Ghana and see you sometime in the next year or so. When's the rainy season? When might you have a vacation that you'd want to have a few days with my girl to have some fun romping across the serengetti??
I would love to support her in seeing you this year or next -- hope you two will think about it and write on it -- love to you -- A & C

2:27 PM  
Blogger Shawna Frazer-Klopfer said...

Hi, Dixie.
I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. It's been awhile since I checked your blog, obviously.
I wanted you to know that Jean Ann died Wednesday, Jan. 18. I'll send more details by mail, but since it takes so long to get to you, I wanted you to know. She fought the good fight! She was telling us what to do until the end -- you know what a strong spirit she had. She taught us all a lot. The family is hanging together, as you might expect. No doubt, wherever or whatever Jean Ann is, she's already in charge of something!
Love, Shawna

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home